You’ve decided you’re going to ask the question you want to ask the one you love to share the rest of their life with you. Congratulations it’s exciting and you want to start your life out right. It’s time to start shopping for the diamond engagement ring but where to begin? Well, you first have to decide are you going to ask the question and then start shopping together for the ring or are you going to surprise her? This question is important because there are different steps to take for each.
Surprising Her With The Ask and The Ring.
If you are going to surprise her with the ask and present the engagement ring at the same time there are several things you have to know first. To start with you have to know what she likes.
- White gold, yellow gold, pink gold or platinum?
- Does she want a diamond center stone?
- Does she want to have any gemstones on the ring?
- Does she want a two-tone ring? If yes what colors?
- Does she want a band with the engagement ring?
- What shape diamond center stone does she like?
- Does she like Halo style engagement rings
- Does she want a larger ring
- Does she want a solitaire or would she prefer diamonds on the ring?
- Does she like contemporary or traditional diamond engagement rings?
- Does she want to custom design her ring?
Here are A Few Examples
Now if you are going to shop together for the ring there are some things you should work out before you start your shopping adventure.
- What is your budget set it and stick with it while shopping?
- Is the clarity and color of the diamond the most important to both of you or is the size of the diamond the most important?
- Take a look online find a style that you’re drawn to over and over again. Use that information as a guide when you start shopping.
- Know what shape of diamond you want.